Thursday, July 20, 2017

Day 13: To the Heart of the Matter

Apologies for the delay today in posting. I was a dummy and left my laptop at home when we went to the hospital (go figure - I guess Mom brain will continue to exist for me).

I also want to get this out quickly, so I'll get right to the prayer requests:

1. Canaan is getting her echo done this afternoon. Pray that the PDA has closed! The doctors want to know that this is heading in the right direction.

2. Her heart rate spiked this morning/early afternoon to a concerning level. Tests are being run this afternoon, so please pray there isn't any infection.

3. Let's keep praying that the kidney and urine output stay consistent. A side effect of the medication Canaan just finished is bowels not working as well. So pray that this side effect doesn't rear its ugly head.

If there's anything I've learned this week while hanging with the NICU team, it is that little Canaan is fighting hard, and that she is still in an incredibly critical point. I no longer want to say she's "doing well." A light bulb went off in my head today as a nurse said that Canaan has a right as a preemie to be this way. She is not expected to act like a full-term baby, because she isn't. She has a right for these levels to ping back and forth, and for things not to be consistent in her little body. Canaan is not in a "good" place. She's in a place to be expected for a baby this critical.

Please keep praying when you see 7's. We are all so comforted by the sweet notes from all of you and the witnessing you're doing on Canaan's behalf. I wanted to share one from a friend of mine in North Carolina:

"I wanted to send you a quick (sorry, it ended up not being so quick) message! I have been reading your posts and praying for your friends and baby in Arkansas. When you wrote yesterday, pray when you see or think of the number 7, I didn't really get it or think much of it. However, this morning, I am out of town and was able to surprise one of my best friends from high school who leads a faith based fitness program. I got up at 4:30 so I could drive to her 5:30 class. One section of the class was doing reps with weights and she said "Ok, ladies, 7 reps of each exercise and then repeat the set." She went on to say that she wasn't initially going to say 7, but she changed it last minute and for us to go with it. God was in Conver, NC this morning at 5:45 reminding me to pray for this family! At the end of the workout, my friend Kara lead us in prayer and I could not get your friends out of my mind. I shared your post from yesterday with Kara and we both had chills. I know there was no coincidence in this and wanted you to know that the village that is praying is probably far bigger than you know."

I wanted to leave you on a happy note, because we do have good things happening in Arkansas! As we've been making the apartment homier, Canaan's digs took an upgrade, too. :) Donna worked day and night to create a beautiful masterpiece. Check out her new isolette cover, complete with flamingos and feathers ("He will cover you with His feathers, and He will shelter you with His wings." Psalm 91). 






She is a fierce little warrior, and is surrounded by love and prayers day and night. Please keep them coming!

HOW YOU CAN HELP -
Go Fund Me Page for Becca and Nathan

Their temporary home:
ATTN: Becca and Nathan Daniel
15 N. Locust Avenue, Apt. 3
Fayetteville, AR 72701


Blessings to all,
Courtney

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sensation in the game of risk.

    Sbobet It is a website where you can participate in Okey games and games. Other betting through the Internet. The international standard. The certificate is valid according to Cambodian rules. The ability to work for over 12 years is widely known throughout South East Asia.
    Because of the game Okey is a card game. Very popular in Turkey. Play almost always with 4 players, but in principle play 2 or 3 games. It is similar to Rummikub as it is played with the same set of boards and tiles. But there are different rules. This game has evolved from the Rummikub template through the cultural contacts of the Gastarbeiter in Germany in Turkey and among the Turkish communities abroad. It is a popular rest approx. So we have to make a game of risk to the Internet to provide services to all.
    Okey games, we also have more than 500 gambling games, you can choose to play each other according to your taste, do not wait, we are ready to serve to all 24 hours at the site. Sbobet

    ReplyDelete

Celebration of Canaan's Life

Arrangements for Canaan's Celebration of Life service have been scheduled, and Becca and Nathan would love anyone who's been touched...